Number of hours: 35.00 Per Week
Nacro are looking to recruit a Project Worker to provide housing management and resettlement support including the delivery of tenancy readiness training to service users in supported housing to enable them to develop the skills and confidence for moving onto sustained accommodation and maintaining independent living.
Duties to include, but not be limited to:
• To evaluate and identify the support needs of those who will be using the service
• Create outcome focussed support plans with clients
• Conduct risk assessments
• Experience if working in Payment by Results contracts
• Balancing and identifying areas of risk to the individual and the community.
• Supporting clients to attain or sustain independent living in a community based setting to sustain their tenancy and successfully move on to permanent accommodation
• Health & Safety checks and of repairs and maintenance issues.
Working with the client and a variety of agencies to achieve these aims
Candidates will ideally have the following:
• Experience of working in the same or a related field and an understanding of the needs of vulnerable individuals and offenders.
• A sound understanding of housing management, welfare benefits including housing benefit and of maximising clients’ income.
• Experience of property management in terms of void inspections, Health & Safety checks and of repairs and maintenance issues.
• Ability to produce robust risk and needs assessments and effective action plans to ensure tenancy readiness.
Successful candidates will need to have a full driving licence and access to their own vehicle.
A DBS check will be required for this role
Who are we?
Nacro are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. We advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We never give up.
What we offer
• 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
• Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees’
• Pension scheme and season ticket loan
• Training and professional development opportunities
• A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you’re keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which Nacro’s work has changed lives here