Number of hours: 35.00 Per Week
Nacro are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. We advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We never give up.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 Reducing Reoffending Workers to join us. You will be based in Kent prisons and will work within the substance misuse team and engage with prisoners, their families and prison staff to ensure service users are supported in a holistic and constructive way, ensuring that every contact has a positive impact upon individuals that encourages rehabilitation and positive resettlement into the community.
You will be required to deliver 1:1 and group interventions and will work across all establishments depending on need, although will be based with the Senior Management team in HMP Elmley.
The successful candidate will be:
• Familiar with the Reducing Reoffending Pathways and have specific experience of providing information, advice and guidance to offenders or ex-offenders in either Housing or homelessness.
• Experienced working within a custodial environment
• Experienced of achieving and evidencing outcomes against performance targets.
• Experienced of developing rapport with Service Users whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
• Experienced of using case management or custody Information Systems.
• Aware and understands of resettlement and the criminal justice system
A full drivers licence and access to own vehicle is essential.
A DBS check will be required for this role
Please note that this position involves contact with serving prisoners and is subject to prison security clearance.
What we offer
• 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
• Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees
• Pension scheme and season ticket loan
• Training and professional development opportunities
• A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you’re keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which their work has changed lives here