Number of hours: 30.00 Per Week
Totton College is a further education provider based near Southampton offering vocational courses to school leavers and adults, covering BTECs, diplomas, NVQs and apprenticeships.
Totton College is part of Nacro, a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. We advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We never give up.
Totton are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to join them, to work with mainstream candidates who experience learning difficulties and may require emotional support.
The role will be based at the college working 30 hours a week Term-time (39 weeks).
Duties will include, but is not limited to:-
• To provide support to students integrated into mainstream classes during lessons and/or by assisting the student with preparation beforehand or reinforcement afterwards.
• To fully utilise available resource to support delivery of the activities
• Ensure that the Colleges quality assurance procedures are followed, including participation in the observation of teaching and learning scheme.
• To undertake reviews with students, recording progress, agreed actions and outcomes
• To work as part of a curriculum team, liaising with students, Parents /carers and other professionals within the college to ensure that the enrichment activities are planned and delivered as part a holistic approach to enabling the further development of the student’s communication, independence and social skills
The successful candidate will have:-
• Previous Teaching Assistant experience
• An interest in and be able to relate to students with learning difficulties and disabilities
• Excellent communication skills
• Previous experience of working in a similar environment (Desirable)
Successful candidates should have a:
• Level 2 English (or equivalent qualification)
• Level 2 Mathematics (or equivalent qualification)
• Level 2 ICT (or equivalent qualification)
The salary based on the hours of work and weeks will be £8,447 per annum.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
What we offer
• Pension scheme
• Discount on courses
• Training and professional development opportunities
• A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you’re keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which Nacro’s work has changed lives here