Number of hours: 35.00 Per Week
Do you want to make a difference to young people’s lives, inspiring them to achieve and realise their true potential?
Do you believe that every young person should be given a second chance and opportunity to turn their lives around?
Nacro are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. We advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We never give up.
Nacro have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Tutor with Catering & Hospitality experience to teach qualifications and skills to young people in Medway Secure Training Centre.
You will support young people to develop their employability, personal and social skills and adopt a positive attitude to work alongside developing their knowledge of Catering & Hospitality.
You will have a fair, but firm and consistent approach to working with young people, and will be passionate about your vocational subject and inspiring others to be. You will have the ability to work in a challenging but highly rewarding environment, be adept at defusing conflict, and working strictly to protocol and procedure.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team you will be designing and delivering programmes of vocational study to young people, assessing their work and raising their aspirations through constructive feedback and appropriate support. Therefore you will be a team player with good communication skills and have the ability to remain professional, positive and set a good example to young people and colleagues alike at all times.
Salary for this role will be dependent on qualifications held.
A DBS check and Secure Training Centre Vetting will be required for this role.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Vocational experience and/or qualified teaching qualification
• A Level 4 teaching qualification (Certificate in Education & Training, CTLLS or equivalent) or a Level 5 teaching qualification (Diploma in Education & Training, DTLLS, Cert Ed or equivalent)
• GCSE English, maths and ICT (or equivalent qualifications at Level 2 or above)
What we offer
• 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
• Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees’
• Pension scheme and season ticket loan
• Training and professional development opportunities
• A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you’re keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which Nacro’s work has changed lives here