Number of hours: 35.00 Per Week
Do you have Project Worker experience with vulnerable adults?
Are you looking for a new role working with young people?
Nacro are looking to recruit a Project Worker to provide housing management and resettlement support including the delivery of tenancy readiness to service users in supported housing to enable them to develop the skills and confidence for moving onto sustained accommodation and maintaining independent living.
This a 9am-5pm role that also requires weekend working on a rolling rota. The project is staffed every day of the week (weekends, bank holidays, Christmas and New Year are all covered on a rota basis).
Duties will include, but is not limited to:-
• To evaluate and identify the support needs of those who will be using the service
• Create outcome focussed support plans with clients
• Conduct risk assessments
• Balancing and identifying areas of risk to the individual and the community.
• Supporting clients to attain or sustain independent living in a community based setting to sustain their tenancy and successfully move on to permanent accommodation
• Working with the client and a variety of agencies to achieve these aims
The successful candidate will have:-
• Experience of working in the same or a related field and an understanding of the needs of vulnerable individuals and those with mental ill health.
• A sound understanding of housing management, welfare benefits including housing benefit and of maximising clients’ income.
• Experience of property management in terms of void inspections, Health & Safety checks and of repairs and maintenance issues.
• Ability to produce robust risk and needs assessments and effective action plans to ensure tenancy readiness.
A drivers licence and own vehicle is essential as is a DBS check.
What we offer
• 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
• Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees’
• Pension scheme and season ticket loan
• Training and professional development opportunities
• A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you’re keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which Nacro’s work has changed lives here