Number of hours: 35.00 Per Week
Do you want to make a difference to young people’s lives, inspiring them to achieve and realise their true potential?
Do you believe that every young person should be given a second chance and opportunity to turn their lives around?
Do you have Construction experience?
Nacro are looking to recruit a Construction Tutor to work at Medway Secure Training Centre.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to become part of the innovative, warm and welcoming education centre at the very heart of Medway secure training facility. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Construction skills trainer with an FE or schools background who would like to broaden their experience in managing and working with vulnerable young people across a secure training centre.
You will support young people to develop their employability, personal and social skills and adopt a positive attitude to work alongside developing their knowledge of Construction.
You will have a fair, but firm and consistent approach to working with young people, and will be passionate about your vocational subject and inspiring others to be. You will have the ability to work in a challenging but highly rewarding environment, be adept at defusing conflict, and working strictly to protocol and procedure.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team you will be designing and delivering programmes of vocational study to young people, assessing their work and raising their aspirations through constructive feedback and appropriate support. Therefore you will be a team player with good communication skills and have the ability to remain professional, positive and set a good example to young people and colleagues alike at all times.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A level 4 teaching qualification (Certificate in Education & Training, CTLLS, or an equivalent qualification) or a level 5 teaching qualification (Diploma in Education & Training, DTLLS, Cert Ed, or an equivalent qualification)
• GCSE English, Math’s and ICT (or equivalent qualifications at level 2 or above)
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the barriers facing disadvantaged learners who have a history in the youth and criminal justice system
A DBS check will be required for this role as well as Secure Training Centre Vetting with 5 years reference history.
Who are we?
Nacro are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. We advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We never give up.
What we offer
• 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
• Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees’
• Pension scheme and season ticket loan
• Training and professional development opportunities
• A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you’re keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which Nacro’s work has changed lives here